From being in the top position in international ranking charts to being located in Southeast Asia's busiest port, Singapore (officially the Republic of Singapore) is one of the world's liveliest countries.
Although once it was a part of Malaysia, it became an independent country on 9 August 1965. Here are some quick facts about Singapore!
- Singapore consists of a diamond-shaped main island and some 60 small islets.
- The four official languages in Singapore are – English, Malay, Chinese, and Tamil.
- This country has the third greatest population density in the world, with about 5.7 million residents. Additionally, about 61% (3.4 million) of this total population are Singaporean citizens.
Let’s have a look at Singapore’s celebrated international rankings in recent years –
- According to the 2018 World Happiness Report, Singapore is regarded as the 'Happiest country in South-east Asia'.
- In 2017, Singapore topped the index as the country with the highest quality of life in the ASEAN Region.
- Singapore provides the best quality of life among all Asian cities – according to the Quality of Living ranking by Mercer, 2015.
- From Forbes magazine 2014, Singapore was in the top 5 influential cities of the world.
- Singapore ranked 2nd as the best country from expats’ experience in the Expat Experience Report 2014.
The advantages of living in Singapore
Singapore is one of the safest countries amongst the Southeast Asian countries and can better anyone’s life experience. This country shows absolute zero tolerance when it comes to drugs and other related cases.
With strict enforcement, people follow the rules. It helps the country to work smoothly, making sure to maintain its consistency in their quality of life.
Let’s explore some more advantages of people living in Singapore –
- Singapore has the world’s best medical services quality, whether about any particular treatments or other healthcare sector practices. People from different countries worldwide visit this country now and then to get the best treatments.
- Singapore has a unique climate that is very delightful for comfort lovers. This climate uplifts its standards of living. Anyone adventurous can enjoy outdoor activities with plenty of options. Nature lovers can have time on its exclusive beaches on the island as well.
Sentosa Island, Singapore.
- The transportation system in Singapore covers almost all the islands of this country. Every station is well-secured with advanced technology, and you can check the schedules of the arrival and departure times of the MRT by using your smart devices.
- Since Singapore provides standard facilities and services, it may demand a higher cost of living. The price ranges will vary from place to place in terms of food, shopping, and accommodation.
- This country has now become one of the world’s most prosperous nations with market-oriented strategies. Because of this, its economic growth is commendable.
>> Read more: 5 reasons why Singaporeans buy property in Malaysia
Singapore never fails to be one of the top countries, having so many quality features. Foreigners are cordially welcomed here by the government to have good international relations with different countries worldwide.
Interested to invest or know more about the Happiest Country in South-east Asia? Drop your details below, and our seasoned agents will reach out to assist you!